Wednesday, March 4, 2009

more adventures





So I am sitting here eating my plantains and rice for dinner...thinking about this last weeks happenings and life in general. It's been pretty fun. It's funny to think that I'm getting used to warm weather in February, eating plantains and rice in pretty much every meal, taking salsa classes, chasing down taxi's (good story, I left my keys in his car and had to sprint down the street at least a block to catch up with him), and constantly thinking in another language. One great part about living here is that there are beaches in Costa Rica :). We went this past weekend. It was about a 6 hour bus ride...but only about $6. It was beautiful there. It was called playa conchal...and it's a beach that is all shells. It was beautiful. The hostel wasn't as ghetto as usual...so it was pretty fun. We ate some good food and practiced a lot of Spanish. We were up in a place called Guanacaste...and it is a totally different area than the rest of Costa Rica. First of all, it is so hot. I live in the city in the mountains...so it can sometimes get fairly chilly. Like today, I wore pants, a long sleeve and a fleece and I was stilly really cold. Blah. But when we were on the bus and we started going down the mountain...it got so hot. As we started more north, the terrain changed a lot too, a lot less green and a lot more like U.S. southwest. Everything was so dry because it's not the rainy season anymore. But it was beautiful. We really enjoyed it. Plus, on my "vacation" to the beach...I only spent about $85 for everything. :) So that was fun...now we're back just getting caught up in life. Bueno, thanks for checking in :)

No comments: