Wednesday, March 11, 2009

women's retreat...

I have been so tired this week! Things have been busy and I'm trying recover from being busy...do you ever recover from that? yuck... Anyways, this week has been good. We went to a women's retreat over the weekend and it was really good. God provided the money for me to go in some random ways...so that was really exciting. So it was at this hotel/country club and it was really nice. The room was a sketchy. Kim Loosa and I shared a room and it was pretty hysterical. We had some serious shower problems...we were up laughing hysterically until around 12:30 in the morning...only to get up rather early the next morning. But there was a nice pool and good food and great preaching. The speaker spoke on repentance, forgiveness and loosing the chains of sin and past hurt. It was really good. I feel like all of us were sitting there contemplating how it applied to us in one way or another. I've had a lot to think about :). Besides that this week has had a lot of interesting things. Today we had another small earthquake. It definitely wasn't as bad as the last one. My class and I didn't even feel it...but many others did. The actual epicenter was down south near Panama. We also had some guest speakers today which was fun. They are NFL football players on a mission trip with SCORE international. They came and spoke and shared the gospel. It was really neat. I can't remember their names (lol, professional athletes were never a huge deal to me besides one :) ) but I do know one was the QB for the jaguars and there were some others from the Buccaneers and someone else. It was fun and the kids really enjoyed it. Well, that is all for now...I'm going to get to finishing my work. I'm going on an adventure this weekend to the "campo" or "country" with Ticos this weekend with Kim. We're making a promise to only speak in Spanish the whole time...even to each other...pray for safe travels and that we don't go crazy with all the Spanish! <3 Finally, I just want to give glory to God for providing in some big ways for me this week. I have been praying about finances because one of my best friends is getting married in November in New York and I'm in the wedding...which means a hefty plane ticket and a pricey dress. My mom just told me about my tax refund that I just received and it was nearly exactly what I needed to pay for both. How great is our God that He even cares about those things that matter to us! Thank you Jesus.

No comments: