So Friday was our last day of Spanish classes! We had a graduation...which I thought was a little ridiculous considering it was only a month long course. But I'll take it. Each class had to do a performance to show how much they learned. So our class made up a rap about the phrase "meter la pata" in Spanish. It is like our saying to "put your foot in your mouth." So we each wrote a rap telling our story of when we said something stupid in Spanish. It was a hit! It's on facebook if you want to see it. I struggle with getting videos on here. Here is the basic translation. I sang about when I told my fellow teachers about my sister rubbing a girl's back when she was crying in church. I accidently said "rubbing her butt". Kate sang about how she thought when people where saying "gracias a Dios" (which means thanks be to God), they were saying "thanks, goodbye". Rick about a mix up of the words errors and heroes. Erica mixing up the words pregnant and embarassed in Spanish (they are remarkably similar) in front of her church. Zach when he called his wife over for a kiss but accidentally called her by her sister's name. It was hysterical to do and watch. After that we went and said good bye to our new friends and then good bye to Becky and Steve who are leaving for Argentina :(. It was a bittersweet day... And now I'm home hanging out with my real family and eating good food. It's awesome. I love it. We've been having a great time. That's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment