Hola! I haven't blogged in a week and a half, so I'm coming with some fun stories and good pictures. Things have been good and busy. Since I blogged last there have definitely been some developments. Here is the basic rundown. I went to Volcan Irazu this past weekend. It was really neat. It's right outside San Jose and is active but rarely gets any action. Last time it "blew" ashes and things was when Kennedy was visiting in Costa Rica. 
This is at the highest point at the volcano. It's a little hard to tell,
but we are looking down on the clouds.
Anyway, what else...My basketball team is looking good and I've been trying to work them a little harder than last year. Lol I love hearing a bunch of high school boys whine about defensive drills and how "hard" two practices a week are. Pathetic :). We had an outbreak of "piojos" (lice) this week at school. That was fun, especially since I was deamed as one of the "lice checkers" for the school. Que guacala (disgusting). I also loved waking up like 19 times last night after nightmares about having lice. ugh. Next, Kate and I bought tickets to go to Nicaragua with some missionaries here. We're going to tour around and also see a ministry that deals with sexually abused women. I'm so excited to see that...God continues to pursue my heart and remind me that someday I will be working with this. We were also able to meet our friend, Jared, that we met this summer this week. He is living and doing ministry on the beach and was telling us about how God has worked on his heart dealing with human trafficking. Can't wait to see how we can partner together in that someday! We also started our teacher Bible study this week. I'm excited to help lead and hopefully help our staff overcome cultural differences through studying the word. Please pray for me as I try to lead and teach in Spanish. Speaking of that, I do have a major praise. God allowed me to have the opportunity to translate from English to Spanish for an hour on Friday night. Not saying that to brag, but to let you know that God is answering prayers and blessing me with a desire of my heart, to speak Spanish. That being said, I'm continually humbled and reminded that I have a long way to go. For example, the other day I called my Tico uncle a chicken rather than a picky eater. Pollo=chicken, polo=picky...whatever. :) and...hmm. Oh one of my best friends had a baby in the U.S. I was sad that I can't meet her yet...but so happy for Britt and Sam. And there's the summary. I know it's really random and all over the place, but to avoid writing a book and to let you know what's going on, there it is. To end a random post, here is another random recent picture we took of a bug we found. 
No comments:
Post a Comment