
People have been giving me a hard time about not blogging...so I thought I would send a quick shoutout. I didn't blog for so long because Kate and I moved to a new apartment. We were too cheap to buy internet for just 1 month and then have to pay while we were home on Christmas... so we didn't get it and we only used it sparingly at school. A lot of good things happened though. Our new apartment is great and we have loved living there so far. We are going to have to improve our eating habits and break down and spend the money we need on meat once in a while...although it is nice to pay only $5 for all the fruits and vegetables you need for the week. I also was able to return to New York for 4 days for one of my best friend's wedding. It was so incredibly fun. I loved being with Melissa and her family.

The wedding was absolutely beautiful and I was even able to eat Thanksgiving there! It was wonderful...I mean except for the old turkey server man at the church dinner that called me big :). When I got back...it was pretty difficult but after two weeks of school and lots of Christmas parties, I was able to come home. It's freezing and there has been snow but I love it. It's been wonderful to see everyone and eat some great food. God has also been showing Himself in some wonderful ways. We've had a family living with us here. It's a long story...but their daughter fell really ill 2 months ago. They live near Dayton, but they were tranferred to a hospital here. Kiera is 22 and was first thought to have the flu...then the swine flu...then meningitis...the psychotic problems because her body started attacking itself. Anyway, they found out she had these awful and rare tumors on her ovaries that were making her lose her mind and kidneys shut down and all this other stuff. Well she had surgery today and she is doing well. They are hoping that taking the tumors out fixes everything. What was amazing was that Kiera was supposed to go to another hospital but her paperwork got screwed up and she was sent here...where a doctor was that is one of the only people that has ever diagnosed what Keira has and he did it almost immediately. Plus we have had the opportunity to share with Kiera's family about Christ and get to know them so well. On top of that...one night their transmission went out in their car and our friend Carl offered to put a new one for free labor...and our church came together and paid for the transmission. Just so many things have been wonderful and we're so thankful to see God's hand blessing this. Well more updates to come soon. Please pray for complete healing for Kiera. God bless and Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
hi tricia... I miss talking with you...matt@mattschroeder.org... from there you can access my blog
Post a Comment