Pain is a good word to describe how I'm feeling on this rainy day during sunny season in Costa Rica. :) Here is the semi-entertaining story:
Last week was insane. Tons of meetings, late nights, buying tickets and getting ready for a trip over the weekend and then this coming weekend's trip to Panama, Bible study, basketball practice, etc. By Friday I was absolutely exhausted. I was fine all day until after lunch when I started coming down with flu-like symptoms. Yuck. It was like I had food poisoning or something. Whatever it was did me pretty dirty and I spent a good amount of time in the baƱo. The only problem was that Kate and I were supposed to leave at 2:30 to go visit our friends who live out on a Pacific side surfer beach called Dominical. Not willing to give up my weekend at the beach for a lame stomach issue, I set out between trips to the toilet to the pharmacy here. They sell pills individually, so I bought my three immodium pills and went on my way. I packed some barf bags, downed the pills and told Kate that we were leaving. LOL it definitely could have went worse for me. I didn't get sick the whole trip. I was glad...and I'm pretty sure the whole bus was as well. I was so exhausted that I slept the whole time. We arrived and went to bed and I awoke feeling much better in the morning.
On Saturday, I was still feeling pretty odd...but decided to partake in the festivities with our friends. Now these guys are pretty nuts. They do ministry with the surfers there and pretty much do crazy stuff all the time. Our day consisted of riding on a jet ski...being pulled on an tube by the jetski at 100 mph, swimming through caves and surfing. The tubing was so fun. I did a couple of serious face plants straight into the water. I got thrown into the air by the waves several times and did quite a few belly smacks into the ocean. Once that was over we went through some caves and went body surfing through them as the tide came in a rushed through. lol its all fun and games until you run into a cave wall....however, extremely funny. After that we took a break and ate...only to return to the ocean afterwards to surf for a couple of hours. I learned how to at least get up on the board but I'm still not good (which is driving me nuts), but I did stand up once (of course before getting absolutely trashed by the tide afterwards). I was getting thrown all over the place and the tide was pretty intense. It was great. We ate again and went home and I passed out. On Sunday morning....I couldn't move. Here is my full body assessment: cuts all over my hands and feet from running into cave walls, bruises on my legs from banging them against the surfboard and other people's bodies as I was thrown off the tube, both elbows black and blue from all activities, bruised and ropeburned chin from hitting it on the rope while tubing, back pain from getting knocked on the ocean floor while surfing, bruises on my hips and chest from surfing without a rash guard, unable to turn my neck or lift my arms from doing face plants into the water after getting thrown, weak arms from holding on for dear life during all activities, and still a weird stomach. Outrageous. We drug ourselves back into school today absolutely physically exhausted. Then we find out we have to go to a funeral because a teacher's sister had died. I have never been to a CR funeral before...but it pretty similar to what we have. After that, we were emotionally exhausted as well. I'm sure you can imagine that I most definitely passed out on the car ride back to school and I was completely unproductive for the rest of the day. lol but I feel like this weekend was well lived :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment