Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cultural experiences...

I have made a promise with myself to blog more but I just got on and realized it's been a while since I blogged last. Life is just so busy. I guess that never ends though so you just have to make time. School has been pretty crazy these days. Please pray for our school right now...without giving too many details...we just need prayer as we go through transition. I would really appreciate that. I also need prayer as I am preparing to leave Costa Rica. I am like a roller coaster of emotions about everything and just the thought of leaving, raising support, and getting ready to leave again for another year sounds so overwhelming. Thankfully God has everything under control. I am, however, so excited about this weekend!!!! My mom is coming down with some friends and we're going to the beach. How wonderful!!! I can't wait to see them and what goodies they bring! I also love showing others where we live and how life is here. I love Costa Rica so much and I love when my two very different worlds come together :)

For those of you that knew I was sick with some serious stomach issues and being super tired...I am finally feeling better. Thank you for your prayers. The Tico doctor tested me for parasites and bacteria and everything came back negative. I still felt terrible, so I talked to an American missionary doctor here and he gave me a prescription for anti-parasitic medication. lol it seriously changed my life. I feel SO much better. So that is a huge praise because I just kept getting sick, feeling exhausted and losing weight. SO happy.


Well I finished my Spanish Bible study on the Hebrew names of God. The pop exam that I spoke about in my last post didn't go too terribly. When I got the test back it said I received a 60%! I was so bummed. Then I checked the grading and realized that the math was done wrong and I got an 82%. I also received a 90% in the class! Here is a picture of my class...they're so sweet:

I also had the opportunity to learn how to make sushi. Kate, Albin, and I went to Yoji's (another good friend here) family party on Sunday. Yoji is Tico and Japanese so he was responsible for making the sushi. We learned how to do it and it was so fun. It tasted really good too. Then we played some basketball. I was on the random uncle's team and we were the champions. It was a great day :).

No comments: