
So a good friend reminded me that I haven't blogged in a week!!! Yes...I'm still alive...it's just been so crazy busy here. Since I blogged last, a lot has happened. Since the semester is winding down...there is a lot going on. Can you believe it is December?? I can't believe that I've been here for almost 3 1/2 months! I love it...but I am super-excited to come home soon!! Last week was great. Thanksgiving was a little rough. Mainly because we had a half day of school on Thanksgiving and then we had to go to school on Friday. I basically rolled into school after eating that much. The day was good though. I missed my family a lot, but we had a big get-together at a mission house with like 60 people. It was awesome to be with that many people that are passionately serving the Lord...people that are willing to sacrifice Thanksgiving to follow God's call. I was really struck by that. Truly awesome. I was also struck by the fact that someone brought back sweet potatoes from the states and made sweet potato casserole. I was REALLY pumped about that. And no, we didn't have turkey..but we had some really great chicken (way cheaper that turkey down here). I called my family...and I didn't really cry except I was a little teary-eyed when I was talking to my parents. One picture above is of Thanksgiving. Moving on...this past weekend was really good. A little chilly for Costa Rica, but good. Some new developments: I really appreciate your prayers for Kate and I as we look for Tico families to live with. We have found families and will move in with them in January. Both families and houses are great and the best part is that they are only two houses down from one another :). I also found a Spanish tutor for next semester, so I'm excited about that. Let's see...what else...my mom sent me a bag of candy corn...much appreciated. Except my team stole half of it. Speaking of the boys...we had our big tournament on Saturday. It was exhausting to plan and carry out, but it came together well. They did great!. We won our first game on a buzzer shot by my pointguard. It was great. We lost our second game, but we still got second place...so we were pretty excited. I love those boys. So now our season is pretty much over minus our banquet...and I'm relieved because of time, but sad because I love working with them. Anyway, it was a great season and now we have two trophies in our office! Finally, on Sunday we had a Christmas party at my supervisor's house and it was awesome. It felt like home...and the best part was that after leaving...we didn't have to run and heat up the car. It's still warm. Thank you Jesus. :) Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment