
This past week was a good one. It was so busy I barely had time to blog at all. I'm trying to think of the highlights....there were pretty many. One big thing for this week is that we started interviewing families to live with next semester. It's been pretty awkward to interview people to see if you want to live with them...especially when it's in another language. I do want to say thanks for you prayers though...first, we have one family that we are really excited about. Secondly, thank you for praying for my Spanish. I feel like the Lord is helping me so much with understanding. :). Another highlight this week was that we went on field trip. oh my goodness...I was so stressed out. Being in charge of 18 five-year-old lives was a little more than I could handle. We had so much fun and the kids absolutely loved the Children's Museum...but I was pretty much crazy. Plus, I had to translate the whole time because I was pretty much the only teacher/staff person that could remotely speak both languages. lol I was exausted when we got back. I was just praising the Lord that everyone came back alive, healthy and happy. And there were no bodily function issues. Gracias a Dios! When we got home I had to switch gears because then we had a basketball game...which is always a huge production and a massive amount of work. It was great though because we won! We were all real excited! On Saturday, we we had a pretty busy day and then ended it with a trip to McDonald's for one of my student's birthday. It was so funny because I dragged Kate and Kim with me. We had our first cheeseburger in 3 months (amazing huh?) and real french fries. Crazy stuff. Then we went out and rocked the grocery store. You know you are not cool when you get all dressed to go grocery shopping on Saturday night. Finally, today has been fun. I'm learning how to cook all this random stuff. I want to make pumpkin bread for our teacher's meeting on Tuesday, and it has turned into quite the ordeal. I am making it absolutely from scratch...like literally. I mean, I am boiling the pumpkin for 1 1/2 hours to make the puree...grinding the ginger root... craziness. lol I just keep thinking that grandma will be so proud :). Well that's enough for tonight...I need to go stir my pumpkin. Adios!
4 comments:
How did the boiling pumpkin turn out?
And I love the little tree, not too much work to decorate and not much to take down after the busy christmas season as well. Good pick.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving Trish!
I finally quite my slacking and posted on your blog. Can't say I am caught up on reading it all, but from what I have read it sounds like God is doing some pretty awesome things :) Love you and I am so thankful for you!
Post a Comment