Sunday, October 25, 2009

Golden birthday

This weekend was so great. I had so much fun. My friends and family seriously delivered :). I turned 24 on 24th of October...therefore it was my golden birthday. And of course when you live overseas you need to do birthdays big. On Friday, my friend Albin took me out to this place called the pasta house and to get ice cream. So good. We had a lot of fun. On Saturday I slept in and went for a run to make some stomach space for our celebration. All I knew is that I needed to go to Kate's at 4 and that she had my outfit. So I went there and she gave me a painting that she painted for me. Seriously awesome. Then she told me the party wasn't there and we went out. Eddie was there and gave me a gold gaudy necklace. We then walked past the Jones' house and they gave me more gold chains. Then we went to my director's house, but the party wasn't there either. They gave me huge gold hoop earrings. Then we went to peggy's, but the party wasn't there...just a tiara. at this point...people are just dying laughing as I walk down the street. lol we were even offered drugs...don't think about that one too hard. After Peggy's we went to Medrano's and he gave me a bracelet. Then we went to Sondra's, which was the makeover house. Kate gave me this small bag with my outfit. I was nervous because it was so small. She found this amazing gold dress at a thrift store and then brown gypsy pants on which she sewed gold sequins. Then Sondra did my gold makeup and I was set :). Albin came and picked us up and we met at Erin and Courtney's where everyone else was. There was confetti cake and icing (that mom sent). The house was all decorated and Eddie made tacos. The cook. I love taco night. I seriously have the best friends here. How awesome to have such cool people around even though you live so far away from everything that you know. We danced and sang and played games. It was so fun. Then today we went to church and my Tico family made a dinner for me and celebrated. It was just so great. I'm so thankful. Such a great birthday...thanks guys :)

Erin with the nose ring and Drew with gold plated teeth :)

No comments: