Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Puerto Viejo...otra vez!

Greg begged me to take this picture with sand all over us :)

Our group minus Drew (who we couldn't get out of the hammock)

This past weekend we went to Puerto Viejo on the Carribbean for a couple of days. There were 9 of us and we rented a house there for super cheap. It was a little ghetto, but we love that aspect of life :). The weather was great and the waves were pretty good. It was so awesome to have guys with us on this trip for so many reasons. 1. Eddie can cook (therefore, we ate well) 2. Drew was a bouncer (therefore no drug offers or getting hit on too much) 3. Greg has about equal energy as me (therefore I was entertained the whole time without bothering Kate). lol so it was really good. We must have played football in the waves for hours. On Monday morning I didn't hear my alarm clock for the first 30 minutes that it went off and when I finally tried to get up I felt like I was hit by a bus. So great :) This week is going well...super-busy but good. We're leaving for Nicaragua this Friday, so please be praying for our safety. There is a lot on my heart and mind this well this week, so prayers would be much appreciated this week. I can't really go into specifics, but there are a wide variety of things and I would just love your uplifting. God knew exactly what I needed today though. I was working with one of my Autistic students today whom I just adore and he told me he loved me for the first time ever. I tell him all the time and he's never really responded...plus sometimes I can just be the crazy lady that makes him do his work all the time. :) He also cracked me up because yesterday he loved the lotion I had on. He kept sniffing my arm and telling me I smelled like cake. lol Sharon did give me this cake smelling stuff over the summer. Anyway, today when I came to school he kept smelling my arms at different parts of the day and finally just came out and disappointedly asked why I didn't smell good and cakey today ;) I love my job...


Me posing for Kate...awesome

No comments: