
This weekend I was able to go to the beach with three friends for free :). My basketball team and director got together money to go to the beach to thank me for doing basketball. It was me, Kate and two other teacher friends. We went to this beautiful quiet beach on the Pacific side in a beautiful house.

We were even given money to eat out on. It was such a blessing. We just relaxed and talked and ate. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the company was even better. I'm so thankful. It was just what we needed.

The other funny thing about this weekend (besides the Saints winning the superbowl-yes we were able to watch it) was that it was election weekend here in CR. There were three main candidates and they each have a specific color. It was so random here because people were out all day on Sunday, just driving around, beeping and waving their flags. lol for hours. All day. Driving around and beeping. It was so funny. I mean, people were seriously so intense. People hanging on overpasses and standing in the middle of the road just waving their flags. Everyone was decked out in their colors and shouting names. I also loved that the candidates go by their first names. Latinos all have two last names and they are usually long like "Gutierrez Rodriguez" or something...lol can you imagine screaming that over and over while driving down the street? Anyway, the president chosen, Laura, is the first woman president of Costa Rica...so history was made yesterday. Pretty cool...for what is always thought of as such a male dominated culture, I am pretty impressed by their choice :)
No comments:
Post a Comment