This week was a really exciting week. God has seriously been rocking my life. For all those haters out there that think God doesn't care about even the small things in our life...I just want to say that God is so good. There have been many ways that God has provided for me this week. Conversations that came at the perfect time, encouragment from unlikely sources, God whispering to me through the works of His hands...I love seeing the Spirit move. At our church we've been learning about King Hezekiah, and how God took care of Hezekiah because Hezekiah did 6 things. We've only talked about 3, but each week as I focus on a different one...God challenges me to put into practice each one and then blelsses my efforts. 1. Hezekiah did right in the eyes of the Lord (even if it's hard). That means following what the Spirit asks me to do. 2. Hezekiah destroyed all foreign gods and idolatry. That means getting rid of anything you put in front of Christ. 3. Hezekiah put his trust in God. That means anxiously waiting upon the Lord to fulfill what He has promised. I love it. More to come later on that. I just wanted to share what God has been working on me about.
Last week, I wrote about a guy who was practicing his English on me at the pool. We had a quick conversation that day about our "religions" that day. Yesterday we went to the pool again and he came over with a Christian book. He said he had really been thinking about Christianity. He had been searching for years and has tried Catholicism, Jehovah's Witness, Mormonism, etc. yet he never felt like any of them were for him. He asked why Christianity was different and I said because it wasn't a religion, it was a relationship. After he tried convincing me he was a good person, I just told him that we are separated from God and that we can't bridge that gap without the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We talked about that for a while and I explained everything and then he told me he wanted Christ in his life. I was SO excited. I invited him to our church today and he came, even though he had to work the night shift last night. I am just thankful that God provided that opportunity. It was such an encouragment...and if that guy truly asked Christ into his life...then we have another brother in Christ. :) Thanks to all who are still reading my blog...to the faithful...here is another funny language story for you.
We were buying groceries yesterday and Kate and I were talking while we were getting checked out. We were complaining about how much money we were spending and how expensive life is. The toilet paper was slightly pricey and I told Kate that we were no longer allowed to buy toilet paper and that she would need to start wiping with leaves...thinking no one else could hear us...until the cashier started giggling. lol I asked him if he understood. He said that he didn't understand "everything" lol which means most everything :) oops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praise God! How exciting!
You inspire me, Tricia, go with God!
Post a Comment