Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Morning O' fun :)

Let me explain our ridiculous morning:


At 5 a.m. the alarm clock goes off playing our Spanish opera station really loud. I moved so quickly to turn it off that the bed broke again and I ended up on the floor. I am so sore from sleeping in our bed (quite possibly more uncomfortable than sleeping on the floor), that I need to stretch for at least 20 minutes. We all are getting ready and Kate stumbles to the fridge to get some breakfast. The freezer (ice box) door falls off (a common occurance) only to reveal that our freezer needs to be defrosted. At 6 a.m. we start putting in the pots of boiling water to aid in the defrosting process, which quickly transforms out kitchen into a small lake. We finish getting ready quickly and realize that we need to intensify the melting process, so at 6:45, I start going at it with a hair dryer and an ice pick (a blunt dinner knife) (see picture above). We finally get to where the door will close and arrive at school 5 minutes before the kids arrive. The whole day was pretty nuts, I messed up in Spanish and had our aide make a 100 more copies than she needed to (which is a huge problem for our school) but it ended well. I made brownies for our teachers meeting, which we all enjoyed. I then gave some to the guards that watch our front school gate and one asked me to marry him. I haven't been asked that in a while. LOL. :) Then some random man came to fix our bed. We think he fixed it...he said he knows he fixed it because he laid on it and rolled....and he was a big man. Far larger than us (yes, this is an exact quote from him). Overall, it has been a funny day, but I kinda like it. :)

No comments: