
I feel like I haven't blogged in forever...but we've been so busy with everything...work and fun :). Here are some highlights: this weekend we had a three day weekend and we were able to do some fun things. We went downtown to go Christmas shopping and got lots of presents for people at home. We also got all dressed up and went out to eat and I ate lasagna (my favorite)!! We had girls' date night (obviously, since there is no man in our lives). We then went to the San Jose ballet at the Teatro Nacional. It was so fun! The ballet isn't my favorite thing to do, but it is cheap here and it was fun to get dressed up and go to the theater...which is a beautiful old building right in the middle of San Jose. On Sunday, we went to church and then played volleyball with some people from church. It was great because we spoke Spanish the whole time. We're finally making Tico friends! Another super exciting thing is that we put up a Christmas tree. We found it in the teacher resource room and we brought it to our house. It's wonderful :) My first "on my own" Christmas tree...exciting. And the wonderful things go on...Kate and I both recieved packages today. I received peppermints...and Kate received Candy Corn. It was great. So we've been feasting on seasonal candy and putting up our Christmas tree...it can't get better than that ;). For an update...I have a praise and two prayer requests. My praise is that my students are doing well...they are finally starting to speak and understand English. Thank you Jesus! My prayer requests are first, for Kate...she has bronchitis. Secondly, we've decided to move in with Costa Rican families to help us work on our Spanish. It was a hard decision, but it is necessary. So please pray that we find good families that we mesh well with. That would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment