

I am loving life in Costa Rica this week :). I feel like I have finally switched over to this place being home for now (Don't worry mom). We are just getting into the groove of life and actually having more fun. Something that has been especially awesome for me is being the basketball coach. I think it brings a little sense of normalcy to my life and the lives of the guys on my team. I played bball my whole life, so this is just normal. Given, bball here is so different, but still. So on Wednesday, we finished our tournament. We played awesome! We only lost by 3, but it was an amazing game. And we received a 2nd place trophy! The first trophy ever for Sojourn!!! See picture above :) How awesome is that? I was so proud of them. I love those guys. It is so fun to work with high schoolers after hanging out with 5 year olds all day. Plus they are just quality guys that love basketball. Love it. The rest of the week went well, I was on cloud 9 due to being coach of the year (lol just kidding). Friday was fun because it was a "Blast from the Past" Day. It was so funny. Kim, Kate and I got all dressed up and it was hilarious. See 2nd picture above :). Then we had to get into normal clothes for a Teacher appreciation luncheon put on by the parents. It was awesome and such a treat! Finally, we had a basketball game against the dads and men from the language school. Last year Sojourn's bball team got slammed, but this year, we actually stuck with them until the end. We ended up losing pretty badly, but my guys still did awesome. One younger guy that we let play for fun (6th grade) had the game of his life. He scored 3 three-pointers and jump-shot. It was awesome. Everyone was going crazy. That what this is all about :) So yah, all that to say that life is going well and that I am thankful that God is filling me with not just contentment here, but a passion for everything I am doing! Gracias a Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment