Monday, November 3, 2008
Jesus in my heart :)
A couple of neat things have happened the last few days :). First and coolest thing was my little Ashton in my class. He is precious and I think he has a slight crush on me. At least that's what his mom said. She also said that she told him that mom was always more beautiful than any other girls. I thought that was cute! Anyway, so recently I've been praying for more opportunities to share the gospel with my class, especially some of the Costa Ricans that I'm not sure about. I just keep thinking, "Tricia, you are a missionary, aren't you supposed to be sharing the gospel all the time?" I've been so intimidated with the language that I haven't gone for it really. I just can't figure out how to explain everything while translating and acting out and making it basic enough for 5 year olds to understand. lol it's complicated. So I've been praying that God would give me a great opportunity. Well, Ashton came in one day and his dad told me that he asked Jesus into his heart. Ash was so excited! Well, that day, I was talking about Joshua 1:9 (our memory verse) and thinking, how can I share the gospel along with this. Well, Ash raised his hand and asked if he could come say something. So he stood up in class and said that he had asked Jesus in his heart and he gave the sweetest and most simple version of the gospel to the whole class. I mean, it was awesome. A five year old explaining to other five year olds just how awesome Jesus is and what He did for us. What an answer to prayer. I loved it :) I could not have said it any better! Another cool thing this weekend (not even half as awesome) was that we went to our neighbor's house and learned how to cook some traditional Tico foods. They are an older couple and we just cooked and spoke Spanish together. It was so fun. It was like having my grandma here. And now, I can come home and make some good food for everyone!! Hooray :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment