Lots of fun things are going on here in Costa Rica :). On Friday, me and the guys headed over to another school for a basketball tournament. We won our first game by almost 20! It was so awesome! The best part is that my team was working together to get everyone to score. And everyone did score! Everyone was so excited. I loved it. We have the 2nd game next week. When I got home I pretty much ate dinner and went to bed at 9. lol and 12 hours later at 9 am I rolled out of bed. All of us slept so late. We were exhausted...but it was great to sleep in. We then went to the ferria to get all our fruits and vegetables for the week and then downtown to do some Christmas shopping. It was so great because all the navidad (Christmas) decorations are already up here. There is no Thanksgiving here, so Christmas is the next holiday. It was so great. While we were downtown we also got a McFlurry at McDonald's. Kate and I took a bite at the same time and both said "Oh it's like a taste of home." It was funny. It's the little things. Living overseas definitely makes you appreciate those things. Then we came back and went to the mall to do our grocery shopping and we ate some comida china (Chinese food). It was the first time we have had it in 2 1/2 months, so it was a feast! We loved it! When we got home, we put up Christmas lights and decorations while listening to Christmas music! It was great! Between the Christmas stuff, the McFlurry and chinese food, we were all feeling like we had a little bit of that home familiarity feeling. It's hard to explain, but when you feel it...it's like the warm, fuzzy feeling. lol sorry to get all emotional on you. lol we're just really excited too about Christmas! I don't think I was even this excited when I was little and excited about the presents. We are all just looking so forward to seeing our families. Plus, we need to decorate because the weather here definitely doesn't make it feel like Christmas!! I like that part though. So all in all, it's been a great day and I was thankful to the Lord for that little taste of home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hola Tricia,
When we saw "a taste of home" we thought that you broke out the packets of Skyline--haha! Glad you had a great day and Merry Christmas!
Love Mom & Dad
Post a Comment