Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some encouragement...

It's so easy in hard or busy times to forget to pause and remember we are held in the Everlasting Arms. We forget to pause and take a breath, resting in the refuge that we have. I love those times when you are running crazy and things just stop you in your tracks and put all of this in perspective. This week, two things that children have said have stopped me short. Just little things, but so encouraging. I have truly been running around crazy. Between teaching kindergarten and special ed, and then setting up the basketball program and coaching, I've been so busy. One day I was really struggling with thinking that I was not doing well with what God had asked me to do and out of nowhere, little Kendyl in my class says, "Teacher, you are such a good teacher." I just stopped and thanked Jesus because that's what I needed to hear. Whether its true or not, I don't know...but it was just a little thing. Then later, I was just overwhelmed with the thought that I need to teach half of my class English. A little girl who is learning English in my class came to me and said in English, "Teacher (pause), I so excited (pause) because (pause) I (pause) learning the English!" It was precious and I was reminded what I'm doing here. In Psalms 46:1-2, 7, 10-11, the Psalmist writes:
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea...The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold...'Cease striving (BE STILL) and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.' The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold."

1 comment:

Jules said...

I am so excited for you, Tricia. You are in my prayers :0) Love you!