Monday, January 19, 2009

funny story

Well...another funny language story happened today for those of you that love to hear my humiliating moments. So I was eating lunch with a bunch of Tica teachers and we were talking in Spanish and they were asking me about my family. I was telling them I loved them and that I felt like Spanish was coming easier with them. One teacher told me that my Spanish was 100% better...so I was super-encouraged, feeling really good. lol then they asked me about my sister here and I told them that she is great. She comes and helps out in my class and she's is just so sweet. I started telling them also about how on Saturday at our young adult group, she was so helpful to a girl that was crying there. So I'm telling them this and I say, "Cuando estabamos en el culto de jovenes, habia una chica que estaba llorando y llorando. Mi hermana estaba tocando el tracero de este chica por dos horas, tratando a ayudarle." I wanted trying to explain that my sister was rubbing the back of this hurting girl for like 2 hours during the service, trying to comfort her. For those of you reading this that know Spanish, you know that in actuality I said, "When we were in the young adult service, there was a girl crying and crying. My sister was touching the butt of this girl for two hours, trying to help her." LOL everyone started dying laughing. I turned bright red...lol because I realized that rather than "rubbing the back for two hours" I said she had been "touching her butt for two hours." lol oh the joys of learning a new language :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, trica that's classic !
will they ask you to leave soon with comments like that !
if only we had a viedo with sound of your life .....no that would be something :o)

Anonymous said...

i love your stories tric!! miss you so much!