Thursday, January 15, 2009
Kalamari with Rice :)
So things have been going well here...having fun as always. We celebrated Kate's birthday by eating brownies and playing uno for an abnormally long time :). We're going to have another fiesta tomorrow because you can never have too many fiestas. :) This week has been going well though. I had one student throw up on right away Monday morning. He didn't look so good, so I brought him into the hall to talk to him and just as I was getting down on his level he puked. lol we ran to the bathroom and I rubbed his back while he puked a million more times. yuck. For those of you that knew about fear and phobia of puke throughout my childhood, you would be so proud of me and how well I handle bodily fluids these days :). Anyway, I put up the kalamari with rice title because that was the most interesting thing that I ate this week. My family asked if I like arroz con kalamares...and I wasn't sure exactly if kalamares was the same word that we use for squid, so I asked if we would be having Octopus for dinner because for some random reason I know the word for Octopus. lol I had indeed guess correctly, and then they proceeded to show me a box of dried squid. mmmm...lol actually it tasted pretty good, I just tried not to look at it or smell it too much because it tasted a lot better than it smelled or looked :) I really do love the cooking though...it's great. On a more serious note, please continue to pray for the victims of the earthquake, there are many people putting their lives in danger to dig through landslides and rubble to find bodies. Many people lost everything. Plus, while it is warm this time of year, it is chilly at night especially up on top of the mountains where there is a lot of mist from the rainforest. Thanks! God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ahhhh the joys of teaching young ones :o) sounds like your meals have changed a bit. col nights..hmmmmm it's like -8 here
take care
Post a Comment