Monday, September 1, 2008
Kindergarten torture chamber :)
I feel like my title today is very appropriate because if you walked by my room, you would think you were walking past a torture chamber. My main problem is that I have several students that aren't transitioning well to kindergarten and like to share ear-piercing, blood-curdling screams. I had one child scream and cry all day and several others burst into random fits/temper tantrums. It was truly chaos. At one point I had four primary teachers helping me in my classroom. It was so stressful. Words cannot describe. I know I can tend to be dramatic about my semi-dramatic life, but this time I'm truly not exaggerating :). I honestly was begging God to give me strength and patience. I really covet your prayers. This is so humbling because I can definitely tend to be proud, and I feel so lost right now. I don't mind asking for help, but I hate being the one that needs help all the time. I had to call for help so many times today, it was so humbling. I asked for God to humble me before I came and He definitely isn't letting me get out easy on that prayer. And really, my pride would really like for you all to think that I am starting out as an awesome kindergarten teacher, but my need for prayer is definitely overcoming that pride. Alright. Enough of the sob story, I really just need your prayers. The most encouraging thing today was that one Tico boy who I felt like I had reprimanded all day for out control behavior came up to me and gave me a hug and said in his broken English, "I love you." I pretty much started crying. Lord God, thank you for that blessing. It got me through the rest of the day. On a lighter note, I just wanted you to know that I went back to the meat counter at the grocery store to get chicken and the men working at the counter started cracking up. Clearly they have not forgotten my embarassing chicken breast comment/gesture (for those of you that ready my chicken breast post). Awesome. I'm already making a name for myself in Costa Rica. :) God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Tricia,
Isn't it beautiful when God gives us a glimpse of a rainbow in the midst of a storm? That's what it was when your little student told you he loves you.
Your days will get better with each passing one. Hang in there. We're all praying for you.
Love in Christ, Mary
Post a Comment