Sunday, September 21, 2008
molestar = to bother
Semi-funny story here for you. On Friday, one of my little boys must have been bothering one of my little girls, and she came up to me to tell on him. She said in Spanish to please tell the boy to stop bothering her. The word for bother in Spanish is molestar. So she said the word "molestando" which mean bothering. Well sometimes when you are learning a new language, your brain thinks in both languages and Spanglish comes out on accident. So I make the whole class get quiet and I say very loudly, "NO MORE MOLESTING EACH OTHER!" I ate those words right away. My teacher's aide started cracking up and I'm sure other teachers had to hear me. lol the kids are too small to notice, but I was just praying that my principal or any parents weren't walking by at that second. Embarassing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Tricia, it's Mom!
We have electric now so I finally got to read your updates! I am jealous with a Godly jealousy of all the awesome things God is teaching you through all the trials. He is truly doing a mighty work in you! The "bother" story is hilarious, by the way, Mrs. Amos told me at Hannah's open house that your languages could mix like that. I guess it's harder than we think!
I just got done watching the twins, they are great!
I'll talk to you soon, love Mom
Post a Comment