Saturday, September 6, 2008

Post office and no crying!

Well the end of this week has been pretty interesting. I needed to have my lesson plans done by Friday, so I didn’t have time to post. Thursday was a better day. There was only one child crying. He kept trying to escape. After school, I had to go to the post office…which was an interesting experience. I needed to pick up a huge box from my mom. First of all, the employee working was a cute, young guy, and we all know how awkward I am, so I got a little flustered. Lol well he brings out this huge box and asks if I have a car…to which I said no. He then asks, do you have a big boyfriend? And to this I say no again and he said, “well how are you going to carry this box?” lol I don’t know. So I grab my box and then I told him I needed another box and tape because I needed to send something to the states. After a blank stare and some more conversation, I find out that post offices in CR are not like post offices in the U.S. I was like what? You’re a post office and you don’t have boxes or tape!? THEN, more Americans walk up to the counter and ask for a box right after me. It was hysterical. Then, my principal randomly walks in and I ask her what is going on and she takes all of us aside and had to remind us that we are no longer in America. Agh! Frustrating! So I finally figured that all out. Then I got all the way home and realized I left my umbrella there…so I had to walk all the way back and get it. When I got there I didn’t see it, but just as I was about to leave, I see the post office guy waving it through the air with a goofy look on his face. I know exactly what he was thinking, “dumb American.” Lol I walked out as quickly as possible and totally trip and fall on the sidewalk. I am a struggle! Then on Friday, we started the day…and you will not believe this, but no kids cried. I was praising Jesus! Oh it was so exciting. And they did so much better. Words cannot describe how excited I was. Thanks for your prayers! And the coolest thing was that one of my student’s parents gave me a note and a big carton of chocolate brownie ice cream because they felt bad for me!!! They are so sweet! Overall, the week ended so well!

3 comments:

Mindful Lines said...

You are doing great! You are venturing out and doing things without waiting for someone to help you, and you are laughing at the craziness it leads to. I really admire you. I hope you can keep laughing. And if you do get tired out and need to cry, don’t feel bad.

Rachel said...

Hey Trish!
I tried calling you yesterday, but your phone didnt work:( Love all your stories. We miss you!
love Rach

Scott said...

Hola Trish,
Yeah, that's right. Didn't know I was bilingual did ya? I have been enjoying keeping up with your adventures through this blog. Modern Technology!!! I am keeping you in my prayers as you fulfill your calling. Am quite certain that God will bless both you and the children you are teaching. What a wonderful experience! Keep on keeping on, it will get easier. And what some people will do to try and get a date with one of the locals. Forgot my umbrella...Right!!!
Love in Christ,
Scott