Monday, September 1, 2008

Kate falling out of bed...

Ps...I forgot to tell you that last night, Kate fell out of bed. It was great. Our alarm clock went off at 12 am because we forgot to reset it after the electricity went out. So Kate reached to turn it off because it was unusually loud, and in the process, fell out of bed...taking the clock with her. I was scared because all I heard was a loud noise, a thump, and Kate was gone. Almost thinking the rapture had happened, I was like, "Kate?" and her little head peeked up over the edge of the bed as she moaned. lol then we thought it was time to get up, so we started scrambling around. Realizing it was too pitch black for Cost Rica 5 am, we checked another clock and just started dying laughing. Needless to say, we are still spontaneously cracking up about that situation. :)

2 comments:

Tim Carr said...

We are praying for you. I remember the days my sister came home from her first day of teaching kindergarten (in french). She was ready to pull her hair out. HE will sustain, and you will grow! Proverbs 2... HE holds victory in store for the upright, HE is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for HE guards the course of the just and protects the way of HIS faithful ones. We miss ya. Especially at the camping trips. Ask your Dad about his boating adventure with Kyle. I think Kyle was going to toss his cookies when they hit 60mph. Speed demon, guess he is no different on the water than he is on land. God Bless, Tim Carr

Sharon Santa said...

Sweet Tricia,

I was so excited when you left for Costa Rica -- I wrote you a note on your very first blog posting. However, it didn't publish correctly after my repeated attempts at getting it to work. I'm trying this again so you don't think I have forgotten you. I do so hope that I get the hang of this because I want to make sure you know I am thinking of you and love you!! (Incidentally, don't tell anyone that I work with computers for a living...ha!!)

Let me say that I am feeling your pain as you start your new job. I have many days when I am flipping out over trying to control Hayes and Grace and there are only TWO of them! And they speak English, which is nice... :) I've also been co-teaching Sunday School for 4-5-6 year olds this past month. One Sunday we had 17 kids and I thought I was going to LOOSE IT! One child was drawing (with marker) on another, another was hitting a kid with blocks and Grace started crying because of all the chaos. I do so wish we could exchange stories!! This age group is awesome and sweet but also challenging. I will indeed pray for your patience and sanity...bless your heart!!

I love you so much and think of you often. I am so enjoying your blog. The chicken story has already become a family legend! Please keep the laughs coming!!

God bless you...talk with you soon! Love, Sharon